Apply to study in Canada, extend your study permit and get information about working while you study or after you graduate.

Find a school you can attend

Canadian schools that can host international students (known as designated learning institutions)

Get a study permit

Applications for study permits, processing times and what to expect after you arrive in Canada

Extend your study permit

Application form and instructions for renewing your study permit or for restoring your status to continue your studies in Canada

Work while/after you study

Information about work on campus, off campus, as part of a co-op/internship program or after you graduate

Information for educational institutions

Information about the International Student Program, policies and procedures, fraud and work and immigration opportunities for students

Changes to the Student Program

New requirements for students, postsecondary studies at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) and working while studying, in effect since June 1, 2014